Spinova® Immo Plus
Orthosis for temporarily immobilizing the lumbar spine
Spinova Immo Plus temporarily immobilizes the lumbar spine and supports multi-stage therapy thanks to its modular design. Its plastic shell and support surround the torso and pelvis. The special height-adjustable Spinova strap system applies the stabilizing force in a targeted manner and relieves the spine. As mobility increases, the shell is removed and the support stabilizes the lumbar area.
- Temporarily immobilizes the lumbar spine
- Supports multi-stage therapy with its removable shell
- The force applied can be adjusted in terms of position, direction and strength
- Therapeutic circumferential pressure can be reproduced
- Anatomical fit and extremely comfortable to wear
Spinova Immo Plus temporarily immobilizes the lumbar spine and relieves pain. The lumbar orthosis extends up to the lower thoracic spine (up to TH10) and reliably protects against damaging rotational movements. It is based on a modular design and supports multi-stage therapy. Elements can be removed, enabling it to stabilize the lumbar area, and allow mobility once again.
To begin with, the plastic shell around the torso immobilizes the lumbar spine. Along with the support that covers it and its built-in corset stays, it creates circular traction. The stabilizing force is applied in a targeted manner by means of the Spinova strap system. Straps are attached at the appropriate height to a back setting device, rerouted twice and joined together with a buckle. The strength of the force applied can be permanently adjusted by altering the strap tension with a torque wrench. This ensures that the therapeutic circumferential pressure remains the same every time it is worn. As mobility increases, the shell is removed and the support, along with the back setting device and strap system, takes on a stabilizing and protective function.
The individually adjustable plastic shell has multiple perforations and, like the support made from light, elastic mesh material, it is comfortable to wear.
Spinova Immo Plus and other Bauerfeind products are available from medical supply and orthopedic retailers, where trained staff will advise you and take precise measurements to ensure that your orthosis fits comfortably and securely.
- Short < 170 cm / 5’7” in body height
- Standard > 170 cm / 5’7” in body height
- Vertebral displacement, formation of gaps in the vertebral joints (spondylolisthesis, grades II and III/spondylolysis)
- Wearing of the vertebral joints with unusual flexibility of the joints (facet syndrome with hypermobility/spondylitis)
- Chronic pathological changes (osteoarthritis) to the vertebral joints (spondylarthrosis)
- Radiating pain in the lumbar spine area (very severe [pseudo] radicular lumbar syndrome/very severe lumbar sciatica)
- Narrowing of the spinal canal (lumbar spinal canal stenosis with paresis [conservative, post-operative])
- Narrowing of the nerve root canal (foraminal stenosis, lateral), vertebral fractures of the lumbar spine to a severe degree, relieving the front and/or rear edges of vertebrae
- Tumors (metastases)
- Weak muscles with limited performance (degeneration, severe/advanced muscular insufficiency of the spine)
- Following an intervertebral disk prolapse (conservative, post-operative)
- Intervertebral disk surgery (discectomy)
- Post-operative, one or more levels of the spine (e.g. spondylodesis/kyphoplasty)
- Pathological change to the intervertebral disk cartilage (osteochondrosis)