Functional orthosis for the reduction of lordosis
SecuTec Lumbo is suitable for reducing lordosis ("hollow back"), for example after back operations. It acts upon the spine via a sturdy yet thin carbon-fiber frame in an anatomical knit. The degree of stabilization can be adjusted in line with the progress of treatment, with the orthosis being stripped down accordingly.
- Fitted easily without the need for any great effort
- Effective post-operative stabilization
- Flat, light and comfortable
If gradual mobilization after back surgery is to be effective, the correct balance between stability and activation must be maintained at all times. The bridging frame in SecuTec Lumbo stabilizes the surgical outcome immediately after the intervention. Even rotational movements of the hips can be restricted. In the mobilization phase, the frame can be removed so that the movement-restricting stabilization is reduced, leaving only the supporting effect upon the spine.
Safety and comfort
SecuTec Lumbo is individually adapted to the body shape and treatment stage using a low-power LPT (Low Power Tension) tensioning strap system with practical finger pockets, the anatomical, individually shaped frame and a continuously adjustable fastening on the abdomen. The optimal fit and breathable material guarantee that the orthosis fits perfectly and comfortably at all times.
The product is made of a knitted material and a bridging frame.
- Short < 170 cm / 5’7” height
- Long > 170 cm / 5’7” height
- Postoperative flattening of lordosis (e.g. after intervertebral disk surgery)
- Facet syndrome
- Lumbar spinal canal stenoses
- Symptomatic stenoses in the intervertebral foramina