GloboTec® Soft Diabetes
Effective protection for sensitive feet
The foot orthosis has been specially designed for diabetics and rheumatics. The feet of diabetic and rheumatic patients are very sensitive and therefore require the correct care from an early stage of the disease. The aims are: Even distribution of body weight over a large foot load surface area, prevention of pressure peaks and effective orthopedic support tailored to the individual foot. It is important to counteract inappropriate loads on the foot and the consequences of these.
- Even distribution of body weight over a large foot load surface area prevents pressure peaks – the risk of injury can therefore be lowered
- Specially adapted to the foot and to the diabetic and rheumatic clinical profiles
- Suitable for use in comfort shoes or special diabetic shoes
Diabetics are generally very insensitive to pain even in the early stages of the disease, therefore they are only partially aware of foot complaints, or may be totally unaware of these. The special layer construction of the Soft Diabetes provides particularly soft cushioning for the very sensitive feet of diabetics and rheumatics. The purpose of this foot orthosis is to reduce the risk of injury from the outset and to provide orthopedic support.
Designs and uses
The construction of the foot orthosis is specifically designed for "diabetic foot syndrome" and "rheumatoid foot deformities". It can be worn in comfort shoes or special diabetic shoes.
Only available from medical retailers
The Soft Diabetes involves working with a model. It is therefore only available from a medical retailer – an orthotist. The orthotist will take all the necessary measurements of the foot in accordance with the physician's prescription and establish the status of the foot using digital measurement technology/foam imprint/ink imprint/physical examination. Following this measurement process, the orthotist will then modify the model to produce a customized orthopedic foot orthosis, taking the relevant footwear into account.
- Soft foam foot orthosis in a sandwich construction with support, reinforcement and cushioning materials
Construction of the foot orthosis
1 and 2) Cushion layer (PU, EVA/PE):
The particularly thick cushion layer, made of high-quality cushioning materials and consisting of three layers, ensures an even redistribution of pressure, a reduction in load peaks and a long functional life.
3) Thermoplastic reinforcement element:
The base layer does not have any pre-shaped transverse arch supports.
4) Long-sole base layer:
The EVA/PE layer is harder and provides support for the foot, especially the instep.
- Suitable for people with diabetic foot syndrome and rheumatoid foot deformities in the early stages
- High-quality and durable materials mean that the foot orthosis remains serviceable even after prolonged use
- We recommend that the functional properties should be checked regularly
- Wipe the surfaces using a mild cleanser and a sponge (except leather top covers) and/or disinfectant
- Not machine-washable
- Do not expose to direct heat (heater, direct sunlight)
- Allow to air dry
- Diabetic foot syndrome
- Rheumatoid foot deformities
- Flat foot/splayfoot 1
- Pes valgus 1
- Mild and moderate severity of hollow foot 1
- Post-traumatic foot deformities 1
- Talagia 1
- Knee joint/back pain 1
1 Depending on the severity of the foot, knee or back deformity.
- Extensive cushioning for the foot and prevention of pressure peaks thanks to weight distribution, the risk of injury to sensitive areas of the foot through rubbing can be avoided.
You can find information here about how to keep your feet in top condition!
When selecting your foot orthosis, think about the area of your life in which you wish to use it. The type of foot orthosis depends on the footwear worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together.