The cushioning foot orthosis with high shape retention
The ErgoPad Soft foot orthosis creates a comfortably soft bed for your feet and provides durable cushioning thanks to its specially developed polyurethane-based soft foam pad. The material is viscoelastic, which means your feet will mold the orthosis into a comfortable shape. Its main advantage, however, is its shape retention characteristics: the foam always returns to its original shape without manipulation. The foot orthoses therefore offer guaranteed long-lasting shock absorption and excellent wearing comfort in the long term.
- Lightweight, viscoelastic soft foam
- High shape retention characteristics for long-lasting shock absorption
- Easy to manipulate
The lightweight, viscoelastic soft foam of the ErgoPad Soft allows the feet to mold the orthosis to a comfortable shape when walking. The foam also has high shape retention characteristics, which means that it will always return to its original shape without manipulation. The foot orthosis therefore provides consistently effective shock absorption, even when worn for long periods of time. The product tests confirm that after 700,000 steps, the ErgoPad Soft still exhibits significantly better cushioning properties than a conventional soft cushioning foot orthosis.
A reinforcement element is placed inside the foot orthosis to support the longitudinal arch. ErgoPad Soft therefore provides stabilization in the metatarsal area and comfortably cushions the metatarsal bone and the heel. The reinforcement element makes ErgoPad Soft thermo-formable, allowing it to be optimally adapted to the foot.
Easy to manipulate
ErgoPad Soft is conically contoured on the shoe side ex works. This makes it easier to adapt the blank to the shoe shape, simplifying the process of finishing the foot orthosis and ensuring faster customer service. A particularly practical feature is the lined and dotted structure on the underside of the foot orthosis, which serves as a guide when grinding. This ensures that the work is cost-effective and helps to achieve uniform grinding on both foot orthoses.
- Lightweight viscoelastic foam with different foam densities
- Long-lasting cushioning effect
- Reinforcement element to support the longitudinal arch
- Easy to grind
- The foot orthosis is available in business and comfort shoe shape.
- Suitable for people with typical foot deformities such as flat foot, splay foot, and skew foot
Modification instructions – specific information for medical retailers
- Easy to grind (grinding belt: grain size 40-100; polishing brush on the blade disk)
- Easy to glue (standard workshop adhesives)
- Thermo-formable (hot air blower or oven at around 90 °C; 5 mins.)
- Flat foot, splay foot, or skew foot
- Hollow foot, mild and moderate severity
- Post-traumatic foot deformities
- Chronic heel and ankle pain
- Achilles tendon complaints
- Knee joint/back pain
1 Depending on the degree of severity.
Mode of action
- Extensive cushioning for the foot and prevention of pressure peaks thanks to weight distribution
- The risk of injury to sensitive areas of the foot through rubbing can be avoided
- When selecting your foot orthosis, think about when you want to use it. The type of foot orthoses depends on the footwear being worn.
- The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together! For information about how to keep your feet in top condition, see our foot health tips!