Dynamic support. Active protection.
The dual component active core foot orthosis from the synthetics sector has been specially designed for both work and leisure in everyday life. Thanks to the "active core", the orthopedic foot orthosis works biodynamically, i.e. it guides the foot optimally from the heel to the toes and distributes body weight across the entire foot. Pressure is noticeably relieved on both the feet and the entire body – especially if you walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Biodynamic gait pattern, thanks to the active core
- Particularly relieves pressure in everyday activities that involve long periods of standing or walking.
- Suitable for comfort footwear
From the heel to the toes
The new active core combines rigid and soft orthotic components. The soft materials cushion the step, while the rigid materials guide and support the foot where needed. The special shape of the core encourages the correct dynamic heel-to-toe movement of the foot. Pressure is relieved, both on the feet and on the entire musculoskeletal and locomotor system.
Designs and uses
The foot orthosis is optimally designed to meet the requirements of everyday activities. The effect of the orthopedic orthosis is particularly noticeable when spending long periods standing or when carrying heavy loads. The ErgoPad work matches the fit of comfort shoes. It can easily be fitted into these shoes, provided that they have a removable sole with a minimum thickness of 3-5 mm.
Only available from medical retailers
The ErgoPad work involves working with a model. It is therefore only available from a medical retailer – an orthotist. The orthotist will take all the necessary measurements of the foot and diagnose the status of the foot using digital measurement technology/foam imprint/ink imprint/physical examination. Following this measurement process, the orthotist will then modify the model to produce a custom-made foot orthosis, taking the relevant footwear into account. Thanks to a foot orthosis of this kind, a standard shoe can be made into a customized shoe.
- Synthetic foot orthosis made of EVA, TPE and PE
- Patented injection-molded orthotic core ("active core") with both rigid and soft synthetic components
Construction of the foot orthosis
1) Top cover - x-static velour/Long-sole cushion layer (35° Shore A):
The high-quality top cover gives the foot orthosis its unmistakable appearance. This layer, made of EVA, lies on top of the active core and is also conductive.
2) Soft components – thermoplastic elastomer (TPE):
This forms part of the active core and, together with the cushion layer, has a cushioning effect. The soft, flexible material in both the calcaneal and outer metatarsal areas of the foot orthosis reduce the pressure load in these sensitive zones.
3) Rigid components – high-molecular polyethylene (PE):
Support the foot arches and improve hindfoot stability, thanks to the rigid calcaneal cup. The stable, cup-shaped calcaneal border centralizes the heel, thereby stabilizing the entire hindfoot when a step is taken. Flexible springs promote the dynamic heel-to-toe movement underneath the MTP-joints.
- Differences in leg length of up to 1 cm can be evened out with the foot orthosis.
- Pronation and supination wedges (up to 4 mm) can be integrated.
- Suitable for everyday life, both work and leisure, especially when standing or walking for long periods of time
- High-quality and durable materials mean that the foot orthosis remains serviceable even after prolonged use – but this does fundamentally depend on the load.
- We recommend that the functional properties should be checked regularly (after a maximum of 6 months)
Modification instructions - Specific information for medical retailers
- Must be ground (lateral orthotic shape and front part of the core)! – easy to grind (grinding belt, grain 40-100, polishing brush on the blade disk)
- Good for bonding
- Partial and complete thermoplastic molding possible (hot air blower or oven, 120°C, partially for approx. 20 sec., completely for 2-3 min.)
- Flat foot/splayfoot
- Pes valgus
- Mild and moderate severity of hollow foot
- Knee joint/back pain
1 Depending on the severity of the foot, knee or back deformity.
- Support for flattened foot arches, to relieve pressure on the joints and correction of misalignments of the locomotor system
- Frequently also alleviates knee and back pain
- Biodynamic gait pattern
Tips for healthy feet
You can find information here about how to keep your feet in top condition!
When selecting your foot orthosis, think about the area of your life in which you wish to use it. The type of foot orthosis depends on the footwear worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together.