ErgoPad® weightflex 2
The foot orthosis for an individual lifestyle
The orthopedic ErgoPad weightflex 2 foot orthosis is particularly flat and flexible and is ideal for patients who change their shoes regularly. The innovative core supports the foot arches and allows a natural heel-to-toe movement. It is coated in high-quality polyurethane soft foam, which has effective cushioning properties despite its reduced construction height and it cushions the forefoot without losing its durability.
- Variable support (soft, medium, strong) according to individual foot conditions, therapeutic goals and body weight
- Effective cushioning provided by the core's polyurethane soft foam coating
- Can be adjusted to suit different heel heights
The new foot orthoses feature a core coated with high-quality polyurethane soft foam. The unique technique of using a partial foam coating leaves the core and its functionality exposed. The durable polyurethane plastic has effective cushioning properties despite its reduced construction height and it cushions sensitive areas of the foot. Slight sensorimotor spots in the PU surface gently stimulate the musculature. This stabilizes the hindfoot and supports the transverse arch.
The centerpiece of the foot orthosis
The centerpiece of the foot orthosis is the synthetic core with variable support. It combines two types of plastic with different levels of firmness in the orthotic core. The internal "weightflex-X" offers variable support according to foot conditions, therapeutic goals and body weight, with support levels of soft, medium or strong.
Integrated hinge joints
Thanks to the flexibility of the orthotic core in the forefoot and heel areas, the foot orthoses can easily be worn in shoes with higher heels.
Only available from medical retailers
The ErgoPad weightflex 2 is only available from orthotic retailers– with or without a prescription.
- High-grade plastic orthosis
- Two plastic components with different levels of firmness in the orthotic core
- Variable support offered by the "weightflex-X"
- Integral hinges in the forefoot and heel areas
- Partial polyurethane soft foam coating
1) Flexible orthotic core:
The flexible orthotic core, offering three different levels of firmness, boosts the torsional moment, supports the longitudinal arch and provides optimal guidance for every step.
The orthotic core is bendable in both the heel and forefoot areas, so it can be adapted to suit a variety of heel heights.
3) Anatomy taken into account:
The edging at the front of the core is anatomically contoured, leaving the metatarsophalangeal (MTP) joints free. The edges are thin.
4) Reduced strain at the base of the fifth MTP joint:
The outer area of the orthotic core is lower at the base of the fifth metatarsal bone. This takes into account the biomechanical requirements of this part of the foot.
The weightflex orthotic core stabilizes the longitudinal and transverse arches and improves the free movement of the joints in the tarsus – the "weak point" of the foot's structure. The combination of firm and flexible elements in the orthotic core allows the foot to twist naturally, thus boosting active mobility. The interaction of the four side sections of the "weightflex-X" in the core assists the active resetting of the muscles and connective tissues and optimizes the gait pattern.
- When selecting your foot orthosis, think about when you want to use it. The type of foot orthoses depends on the footwear being worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together!
- For information about how to keep your feet in top condition, see our foot health tips!