Precision orthoses made to measure
GloboCAD Expert orthoses are as varied as only the varying demands of different feet can be. They can be used in sport but also in cases where the foot is misshapen (e.g. diabetic foot syndrome). What makes them unique is that GloboCAD Expert orthoses are true made-to-measure products, as they are milled individually to suit each foot on the basis of digital measurement data calculated in advance. So no two GloboCAD Expert orthoses are alike!
- A precision orthosis made to measure – milled to be a perfect fit for your foot thanks to modern CAD milling technology
- Pressurizes and relieves the correct areas of the foot in a targeted manner
- A true all-rounder: suitable for leisure and sport activities and for special deformities of the foot, as caused by diabetes or rheumatism, for example
Every foot is different! GloboCAD Expert foot orthoses understand this and make it possible to produce a truly precise counterpart to your foot. The MediLogic® measurement system digitally measures how load is distributed under your foot and special CAD software is used to process the results: The foot orthosis is modeled based on orthopedic considerations and your requirements and then manufactured by Bauerfeind on a high-performance mill. Your foot thus receives a custom-made orthosis that guides and relieves it and cushions impacts. This protects the whole body.
Designs and uses
Because the orthopedically effective orthoses are individually milled, for which a large number of models of the most varied kinds are available, GloboCAD Expert orthoses are not restricted to a particular sphere of life or foot deformity. The milled orthoses work in combination with the shoe in which they are used and are suited to comfort and leisure shoes with a removable sole that is at least 3-5 mm thick.
Only available from medical retailers
As GloboCAD Expert foot orthoses are individually milled for you, they are only available from your medical retailer/orthotist. He will take all the necessary measurements of the foot and diagnose the status of the foot using digital measurement technology/imprint foam/physical examination). Following this measurement process, the orthotist will then model the orthosis to produce a custom-made foot orthosis, taking the relevant footwear into account. With foot orthoses like this, the shoe and the orthosis become a tailor-made whole.
- 1- to 3-layer thick padded model constructed using modern CAD technology and finished using CNC milling – based on digitally calculated load pattern and follow-up modeling
The 4 mm thick layer cushions the forefoot and ensures redistribution of pressure.
Protective layer for foot arches:
The moderate protective layer supports the foot arches over a large surface area.
The cup-shaped design of the heel guides the hindfoot and actively encourages a natural gait pattern.
Possible additional components:
Forefoot and heel cushions can be inserted to provide extra cushioning in the forefoot and hindfoot areas.
Designs GloboCAD Expert
- TREND DYNAMIC
- STYLE DYNAMIC
- FAN CUP
Additional features of selected models:
- Intarsia ( approx. 4 mm cushioning material)
- Heel cushion (approx. 4 mm PU foam)
- Suitable for leisure and sport
- In cases of specific deformities (diabetic foot syndrome, rheumatoid foot deformities)
- High-quality and durable materials mean that the foot orthosis remains serviceable even after prolonged use – but this does fundamentally depend on the load
- We recommend that the functional properties be checked after a maximum of 6 months
- Wipe the surfaces using a mild cleanser and a sponge (except leather top covers)
- Not machine-washable
- Do not expose to direct heat (central heating, direct sunlight)
Modification instructions - Specific information for medical retailers
- Must/can be ground (fit into shoe/foot side) – easy to grind (grinding belt, grain 60-100, polishing brush on the blade disk)
- Easily bonded (standard workshop adhesives)
- Partial thermoplastic molding possible (hot air blower, up to 120°C, 20-30 sec.) – avoid attempting large-scale thermoplastic molding
- A top cover, e.g. microfiber, is recommended for the mechanical protection of the soft foam material
- Flat foot/splay foot 2
- Skew foot 2
- Hollow foot 2
- Diabetic foot syndrome 1, 2
- Rheumatoid foot deformities 1, 2
- Post-traumatic foot deformities 1, 2
- eel pain and talagia 1, 2
- Achilles tendon complaints 1, 2
- Knee joint/back pain 1
1 Depending on the severity of the foot, knee or back deformity.
2 Depending on the structural design of the foot orthosis or the type of foot orthosis.
- Supports flattened foot arches and guides the foot, reduces strain on the joints and corrects misalignment of the locomotor apparatus
- Frequently also alleviates knee and back pain
You can find information here about how to keep your feet in top condition!
When selecting your foot orthosis, think about the area of your life in which you wish to use it. The type of foot orthosis depends on the footwear worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together.